150 g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
150 g icing sugar
an equal volume of ground almond (vis-a-vis volume of flour)
1 tsp vanilla extract
White of 1 egg
100 g sunflower oil (may need more to form a dough)
Glaze : 1 egg yolk for brushing
1. Sift flour, baking soda, salt and icing sugar together.
2. Add ground almond to flour mixture and mix well.
3. Add vanilla essence and egg white to sunflower oil and stir well.
4. Pour oil mixture into flour mixture and combine well to form a dough. Add more oil if necessary.
5. Shape dough into 1-inch balls, flatten slightly.
6. Brush with egg yolk and bake at 170° degree Celsius for 20 minutes or till golden brown.